Sign in or
2.2 Ecotec Engine
The 2.2-liter Ecotec is a four-cylinder engine that delivers high horsepower but still maintains fuel economy. It is an efficient engine that provides the power of some larger engines.
The 2.2L / 2200 OHV Stage 1 Turbo Kit comes complete with everything needed to get your J-Body boosted! ALL piping is custom made and high-heat ceramic coated for higher performance by accelerating the exhaust gas velocity, keeping the charged air cooler, reducing under hood temperatures, and extending the life and look of the all the pipes.
The kit includes:· Garrett T3 “Super 60” Turbo (brand new)
· Coated tubular header (Satin silver) with gasket
· 2” coated downpipe designed to work with factory exhaust
· 2" coated charge pipe
· K&N conical filter
· External Tialwastegate with 5 pound (psi) spring
· Billet aluminum/finned blow off valve
· Oil feed & unique oil return kit (a JTuners original)
· All miscellaneous hardware needed for installation, including breather filter, hard water line, vacuum lines/fitting, nuts/bolts, silicon connectors, clamps, and more! The kits also come with a comprehensive instruction manual required for a true, turn-key, bolt-on installation! Proven to fit both automatic and 5-speed cars with all accessories and optional equipment intact! Dyno numbers are in! At 4.6psi on an '02 2.2L OHV (factory 115 horsepower) running our Turbo kit along with our intercooler kit made 180.3 HP and 215 lb/ft torque at the wheels!
Observations:· 180 lb/ft torque at the wheels at only 2,500 rpm
· 215 lb/ft torque begins @ 3,000 rpm & holds through 4,100 rpm
· At 4,700 rpm, still producing 200 lb/ft torque at the wheels
· At 5,200 rpm, still producing 175 HP and 175 lb/ft. at the wheels
The vehicle also had the following modifications:· JTuners 2.2L OHV Upper Engine Insert
· JTuners 2.2L OHV Lower Engine Mount
· 2.5" Custom Exhaust
· Hypertech LT1 (Corvette Motor) Fuel Pressure Regulator
· RC Engineering 310cc High Impedence Injectors with Injector Clips
· HKS SSQV Blow-Off Valve
· Stock Fuel Pump
Latest page update: made by proffitt24
, Feb 16 2007, 12:05 AM EST
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by proffitt24
- complete history)
More Info: links to this page
There are no threads for this page. Be the first to start a new thread.